CompBlog or...
Personal World Wide Web Logbook Entry Subject of Pertaining to Electrons in Assembly Forming That Which Computes.
Yes I think I've gone too far this time. Oh well. What this is really about (in case you were in capable of comprehending the preceding which explains it quite well actually) is that I've finally and at long last decided on the parts I'm going to use to build my computer. This being my tech related blog and all, I figured I'd outline most of the process of getting it all working and configured and whatnot. I'm going to build it in stages. First is going to be the "base" system. Just what I need to get it up and running and be thoroughly satisfied with its functionality. Second will be most likely a few months from now, an upgrade to handle music editing. I've already verified that the hardware and software I want for that are fully compatible with the base system. Third, and last is an optional final upgrade. So... The base system will be:
Diablotech Demon IV case
450 watt power supply
Asus A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard with NVidia nForce 4 chipset
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400 (2.2GHz Dual Core) Processor w/ 2MB Cache 2GHz FSB (Socket 939)
1 - Ultra PC3200 DDR RAM 1024MB (1GB) at 400MHz
Seagate 250GB ATA/100 Harddrive
Lite-on DVD/CDR
D-Link DWL-G520 108Mbps/802.11g wireless LAN adapter
EVGA GeForce 7300 GT 512MB GDDR2 PCIX Graphics card
Sabrent 52-in-1 USB2 Universal card reader
and optionally a 19" flat panel LCD monitor, haven't decided about this yet.
To this, optional additions include up to 3 more memory chips (up to 4GB) a dvd burner with lightscribe, a sound card and additional hard drives
When I go to do it, I'll post the other stuff I'm going to add.
I plan on ordering by the end of this week if all goes well.
Yes I think I've gone too far this time. Oh well. What this is really about (in case you were in capable of comprehending the preceding which explains it quite well actually) is that I've finally and at long last decided on the parts I'm going to use to build my computer. This being my tech related blog and all, I figured I'd outline most of the process of getting it all working and configured and whatnot. I'm going to build it in stages. First is going to be the "base" system. Just what I need to get it up and running and be thoroughly satisfied with its functionality. Second will be most likely a few months from now, an upgrade to handle music editing. I've already verified that the hardware and software I want for that are fully compatible with the base system. Third, and last is an optional final upgrade. So... The base system will be:
Diablotech Demon IV case
450 watt power supply
Asus A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard with NVidia nForce 4 chipset
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400 (2.2GHz Dual Core) Processor w/ 2MB Cache 2GHz FSB (Socket 939)
1 - Ultra PC3200 DDR RAM 1024MB (1GB) at 400MHz
Seagate 250GB ATA/100 Harddrive
Lite-on DVD/CDR
D-Link DWL-G520 108Mbps/802.11g wireless LAN adapter
EVGA GeForce 7300 GT 512MB GDDR2 PCIX Graphics card
Sabrent 52-in-1 USB2 Universal card reader
and optionally a 19" flat panel LCD monitor, haven't decided about this yet.
To this, optional additions include up to 3 more memory chips (up to 4GB) a dvd burner with lightscribe, a sound card and additional hard drives
When I go to do it, I'll post the other stuff I'm going to add.
I plan on ordering by the end of this week if all goes well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home